‘O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree, Thou tree most fair and lovely!’ We’re visiting the Space Needle in Seattle at Christmastime again this week. This view is on Fifth Avenue at about Blanchard Street as seen between the elevated tracks of the monorail. The stylized tree atop the Needle is beautiful, during the day the angled strings of lights are almost invisible, but at night they become a brilliant symbol of Christmas that can be seen from several miles away.
Shot last Christmas season in 2011, I caught the Needle’s top through the fog. I loved the atmospheric, ethereal feel of this shot at night. I had my camera mounted on my tripod to get a good steady shot. I actually was standing in the lane of travel and had to keep one eye on traffic coming south on Fifth to make sure I didn’t become a photographic road pizza. You know, fold it up and run…set it up and shoot, run/shoot, run/shoot. Do you take risks to get the shots you want?
‘WEEKLY TOP SHOT’ #61
It’s time for you to enter your photos in ‘Weekly Top Shot – #61.’ ‘Weekly Top Shot’ is open to everyone and is not themed. Pick one of your posts that pleases you most and share it with us! The linky will open every Saturday morning around 09:00 Pacific Time and will close the following Friday evening at 23:59.
- Consider following me, ‘The View From Right Here‘, in most cases I’ll follow you back.
- Consider subscribing to posts from ‘The View From Right Here’ via RSS, via eMail), in most cases I’ll subscribe back.
- One family friendly post per week please.
- Submit the url of your ‘Weekly Top Shot,’ blog post, not your main blog url, using the LinkyTools prompt below.
- Google+ users – submit the url of your posted photo on G+.
- Include the ‘Weekly Top Shot’ badge (or a text link) in your blog post.
- Visit some of other entries, meet some new people and leave encouraging comments.
Thank you for visiting and sharing!
44 Responses to Christmas at the Needle – Weekly Top Shot #61
The entire contents of this website are protected by international copyright and trademark laws. IMAGES ARE PROTECTED BY DIGIMARC. © 2008-2015 - You may link to this website, but permission is restricted to making a link without any alteration of the website's contents. Permission is not granted to reproduce, republish, reformat, transmit, distribute or download any materials (image , graphics, text or code) from this website regardless whether intended use is for personal or commercial interests without prior written consent from The View From Right Here. All rights reserved.