A Pacific Northwest Photography Blog

Lucy - Snuggled In Our Bed

Dogs claim sharing rights when it comes to the most comfortable bed in the house, their owners’.

:   :   :

Here is our sweet Lucy,

she’s one of the smartest dogs I’ve ever had the pleasure to own.

She’s about two and a half and a Welsh Corgi mix.

Her ears normally fold over looking a bit like a triangle and do not lay flat against her head.

:   :   :

A week or so ago,

in the middle of the night, my husband got up for something, throwing back the covers.

I was half awake anyway,

and decided to get up for something and threw back the covers as well.

Lucy, as you can see was right in the middle between us and covered by our thrown bed covers,

up near our pillows.

Coming back in the bedroom, this was the scene before me.

So darn cute, I told my husband to wait a minute before he went back in our bedroom,

so I could take a couple pictures of Lucy.

:   :   :

Health update:

I was sent home from the hospital yesterday.

I cannot begin to tell you how thankful I am.

I cannot remember the last time I was this exhausted, every fiber of my being is exhausted

and I’m still in a great deal of pain due to the blood clots in my leg that will be absorbed by my body over the next few weeks.

The Lovenox (blood thinners) injections are no big deal for me to self administer, for which I’m glad.

This post is really late going up today,

I slept for hours

and hours

and hours.

:   :   :

I will not be able to visit you all and thank you for your understanding and your friendship.

Your emails and comments have been so encouraging to me, thank you!

:   :   :

If you’ve enjoyed this post, you can receive future posts by subscribing to ‘The View From Right Here’ via RSS, via eMail, or use the LinkyFollowers, Google+, Networked Blogs or Bloglovin’ links in the sidebar.

If you are interested in purchasing a print of any image, would like a license to use it, or have a question, please email me, Madge Bloom. ~ OR visit my ‘Purchase’ page for details.

‘WEEKLY TOP SHOT’ #81

Now it’s your turn to share your favorite shot of the week. The linky will open every Saturday morning around 09:00 Pacific Time and will close Sunday evening at 23:59.

GUIDELINES:

• Please consider being a follower of, ‘The View From Right Here
  • Please consider subscribing to my posts viaRSS, or via eMail.
  • Please just ONE family friendly post per week (that you authored yourself).
  • Submit the url of your ‘Weekly Top Shot,’ blog post, not your main blog url, using the LinkyTools prompt below.
  • Google+ users – submit the url of your posted photo on G+.
  • Please include either the‘Weekly Top Shot’ badge, or a text linking back here in your blog post.
  • Visit some of other entries, meet some new people and leave encouraging comments.

(I reserve the right to remove any post that is inappropriate and multiple entries from the same blog.)

(Permalink to create your own text link back to this post: http://www.theviewfromrighthere.com/blog/?p=10174)

Weekly Top Shot

Thank you for visiting and sharing!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

49 Responses to Lucy In Bed – Weeky Top Shot #81

• Zosia says:

Dear Madge, I am thinking you must be feeling better if you managed to organize the Weekly Top Shot, which a welcome thought. Take care of yourself, rest and take it easy. xoxo

• Carol says:

Sending you lots of healing energy and your hubby and your corgie will help you be well ~ Thanks for hosting this despite your health ~ xxooo

• Dianne says:

Lucy is just gorgeous …. obviously she loves the best seat in the house. Pleased you are home again Madge ….. Take care xx

• Coombemill says:

I hadn’t realised you had been poorly, wishing you a swift recovery and looks like you have the perfect companion there.

• Dimple says:

I’m glad you’re done with the hospital. As you heal physically, everything will get easier. Rest as much as you need to!

• Pinkoddy says:

Take it easy, I am sure Lucy will take good care of you. Get well soon, and plenty of rest.
    Thank you for hosting.

• Nick says:

Glad to hear your health is improving, Madge.
    Thanks for soldiering on and keeping on hosting this meme.

• Brian King says:

What a fun shot! Love those eyes!

Glad you’re home! It’s always nice to get back to your own place. I hope you continue to get better! Keep getting lots of rest.

• jeanne stone says:

So sorry about the complication! but know you are totally happy to be at home! Home always makes things better! get that rest that you need and get well quick!

• I’m glad you are home! Continued wishes for a full & speedy recovery! Slow if fine, too, if that’s what the doctor orders. Sometimes rest is best!

• Minoru says:

Hi! I hope you will recover soon. Your dog is very cute.
    Thank you for hosting.
    Wishing you a wonderful Sunday.

• Hamilton says:

I haven’t been here in awhile and was shocked to read your news, but I am so glad you are home to get some rest. Hope you are being waited on hand and foot!

• Joyce says:

Madge,
    Thankful that you are home-rest, rest and rest. You have been through so much – let your body guide you.
    Thinking of You-
    Jemma

• Pat says:

What a sweet puppy dog you have. We have two and we love them so much. Your Lucy will be an asset when helping you
    Convalesce. S glad you were able to get home from the hospital to our own place. It makes a big difference to be able to be home
    To get well. I am so thankful you caught the blood clots when you did.
    Take your time and sleep until you are rested. We will all be here when the time is right.

• bettyl says:

Madge, I’m glad to hear that you are home and that things are looking up. Just sit back and relax. We know you will visit when you can 🙂

• Karen says:

So nice to have a sweet companion to help you recover! She’s a beauty! So glad to hear you are back home. Scary! xx

• Those eyes, those ears….she’s so adorable & a funny story about her hogging the bed. I was glad that I read the title again because at first I thought there was an added “k” in the title. I know where was my mind!!!

So happy to hear you are doing better. Do they know what caused the blood clots? Sounds pretty scary.

• Glad to read that your recovery is going well. I really do appreciate you going to the trouble of hosting this meme at this very difficult time for you. Thanks. Your effort is appreciated.
    Lucy looks great.
    Take care.

• MadSnapper says:

Lucy is so beautiful and looks really happy to me. Sorry to hear about the blood clots, but glad you are home in your own bed. I read your other post and I pray now that the meds will do what is needed for your body to heal.

• Daryl says:

glad to hear you are on the mend, please take it easy, listen to both the doctors and your body ….

• Pat says:

Lucy is absolutely adorable! Isn’t it wonderful to be back home in your own bed! Glad to hear you’re on the mend.

• Daughter of yours says:

Love you mom! So glad you’re home amidst your pets! Pets truly help you relax and have less pain!!

• Candy C. says:

I love that picture of Lucy, so cute! 🙂
    I’m glad you got to go home. You need to sleep lots and lots so that your body can heal.

• betsy says:

So good you can sleep, that is one thing that you do need and your sweet Lucy who knows you are not feeling well wants to be with you.

• Anne Payne says:

I’m glad you are home, Madge! I will continue praying for your health. Lucy is a cutie.
    I’m sorry I missed Weekly Top Shot this week 🙁

• Helene says:

I so hope you are on the mend. Who would have thought all these things could happen! I believe Lucy is keeping you good company. Hang in there…better days are coming! Hugs!

Copyright Info

The entire contents of this website are protected by international copyright and trademark laws. IMAGES ARE PROTECTED BY DIGIMARC. © 2008-2015 - You may link to this website, but permission is restricted to making a link without any alteration of the website's contents. Permission is not granted to reproduce, republish, reformat, transmit, distribute or download any materials (image , graphics, text or code) from this website regardless whether intended use is for personal or commercial interests without prior written consent from The View From Right Here. All rights reserved.

WELCOME!
I've been publishing 'The View From Right Here' in one form or another since 2007. I hope you find images you enjoy from my travels around Seattle, Puget Sound and the greater Pacific Northwest, giving you a glimpse of the beautiful region of the United States of America, where I have always lived.
~Thanks for stopping by!
~ All my best,
Madge Bloom
Subscribe to RSS Email me Email Follow Me on TwitterFollow Me on Facebook Google + - Add Me to CirclesFollow me on Instagram
The View From Right Here
NEWEST Comments
  • Mount Hood from Windy Ridge (3)
    • Farmgirl: Its beautiful. I need to get up there to see that again.
    • Ruth Hiebert: What a spectacular scene!
  • Falling Leaves on a Rural Country Lane (8)
    • Ruth Hiebert: I love that scene. This kind of road is one I would love to check out.
    • John: The low viewpoint works well here. It’s a beautiful time of year, which in the UK seems to get later, and hang around longer, each year.
  • Vibrant Fall Colors (9)
    • JoAnn M Bayne: Absolutely glorious. I am surprised by the amount of color this year. I expected after the dry summer we’d have just dead leaves dropping but it has been stunning – as...
    • Evelyn A Spikes: The colors of fall have been truly wonderful this year, Madge. It’s nice for the killing frosts to come after the foliage has turned, instead of before. We have two old big...