A stand of poplar trees march like sentinels along the eastern edge of an onion field.
Here in the bright,
but cold early spring sunshine,
an onion field lies fallow until planting time.
As I stepped out of my car to set up my tripod
and catch a few images,
I was almost over powered by the smell of raw onions.
Even though these fields of onions has been plowed under
and had over wintered through rain and snow,
they were still pungent.
At first the smell of the onions was familiar
and somewhat pleasing even if it was strong.
But after about five minutes I bailed,
the onion smell drove me back into my car
and out of the field.
I found the row of poplars a pleasant scene
as the cumulus clouds hung lazily
in the cerulean blue sky.
‘RURALITY BLOG HOP’ #3
It’s time for you to enter your photos in ‘Rurality Blog Hop – #3.’ ‘Rurality Blog Hop’ is open to everyone. Post something about rural life and and share it with us! The linky will open every Wednesday morning around 09:00 Pacific Time and will close Thursday at midnight.
- Consider following me, ‘The View From Right Here‘, in most cases I’ll follow you back.
- Consider subscribing to posts from ‘The View From Right Here’ via RSS, via eMail), in most cases I’ll subscribe back.
- Please just ONE family friendly post about rural themes per week please.
- Rural photography, rural life, thrift, pets and livestock, recipes, crafts, etc.
- Submit the url of your ‘Rurality Blog Hop,’ blog post, not your main blog url, using the LinkyTools prompt below.
- Google+ users – submit the url of your posted photo on G+.
- Include the ‘Rurality Blog Hop’ badge (or a text link) in your blog post.
- Visit some of other entries, meet some new people and leave encouraging comments.
(I reserve the right to remove any post that is inappropriate and multiple entries from the same blog.)
(Permalink to create a text link back to this post: http://www.theviewfromrighthere.com/blog/?p=9512)
Thank you for visiting and sharing!
Share this Post:
49 Responses to Onion Fields – Rurality Blog Hop #3
The entire contents of this website are protected by international copyright and trademark laws. IMAGES ARE PROTECTED BY DIGIMARC. © 2008-2015 - You may link to this website, but permission is restricted to making a link without any alteration of the website's contents. Permission is not granted to reproduce, republish, reformat, transmit, distribute or download any materials (image , graphics, text or code) from this website regardless whether intended use is for personal or commercial interests without prior written consent from The View From Right Here. All rights reserved.