A stand of poplar trees march like sentinels along the eastern edge of an onion field.
Here in the bright,
but cold early spring sunshine,
an onion field lies fallow until planting time.
As I stepped out of my car to set up my tripod
and catch a few images,
I was almost over powered by the smell of raw onions.
Even though these fields of onions has been plowed under
and had over wintered through rain and snow,
they were still pungent.
At first the smell of the onions was familiar
and somewhat pleasing even if it was strong.
But after about five minutes I bailed,
the onion smell drove me back into my car
and out of the field.
I found the row of poplars a pleasant scene
as the cumulus clouds hung lazily
in the cerulean blue sky.
‘RURALITY BLOG HOP’ #3
It’s time for you to enter your photos in ‘Rurality Blog Hop – #3.’ ‘Rurality Blog Hop’ is open to everyone. Post something about rural life and and share it with us! The linky will open every Wednesday morning around 09:00 Pacific Time and will close Thursday at midnight.
- Consider following me, ‘The View From Right Here‘, in most cases I’ll follow you back.
- Consider subscribing to posts from ‘The View From Right Here’ via RSS, via eMail), in most cases I’ll subscribe back.
- Please just ONE family friendly post about rural themes per week please.
- Rural photography, rural life, thrift, pets and livestock, recipes, crafts, etc.
- Submit the url of your ‘Rurality Blog Hop,’ blog post, not your main blog url, using the LinkyTools prompt below.
- Google+ users – submit the url of your posted photo on G+.
- Include the ‘Rurality Blog Hop’ badge (or a text link) in your blog post.
- Visit some of other entries, meet some new people and leave encouraging comments.
(I reserve the right to remove any post that is inappropriate and multiple entries from the same blog.)
(Permalink to create a text link back to this post: http://www.theviewfromrighthere.com/blog/?p=9512)
Thank you for visiting and sharing!
Share this Post:
49 Responses to Onion Fields – Rurality Blog Hop #3
Amusements Animals Art Autumn Barns Beach Boats British Columbia Businesses Cafes Charity Christian Faith Christmas Churches Coffee Shops Commercial Fishing Commercial Shipping Convenience Stores Crops Deadliest Catch Department Store Eastern Washington Family Farms and Farming Fashion Fishing Boat Flowers Food Frost Gardens Grocery Store Halloween Holidays Humorous Idaho Independence Day Labor Day Lakes Memorial Day Montana Motels Mountains Nature Neon New Year's Night/Low Light Photography Olympic Peninsula Oregon Pacific Ocean Palouse Pastimes and Hobbies People Pets Plants Puget Sound Rain Restaurants Rivers Rurality Blog Hop School Seasons Seattle WA Snow Sports Spring St. Patrick's Day States and Provinces Stores Summer Sunrise Sunset Tacoma WA Taverns Thanksgiving Trees Uncategorized Valentine's Day Vehicle Veterans Day Washington Washington - Regions Washington Cities and Towns Waterfalls Weather Weekly Top Shot Western Washington Winter Work