‘And a partridge in a pear tree…’ Well, not exactly a partridge or a pear tree, will a couple of pigeons close by and a Christmas wreath do? Yearly, several of these very large evergreen wreaths are placed above the street level entrances to the Bon Marche (now Macy’s) department store in downtown Seattle. The contrast between cool stone facade, evergreen boughs and warm lights speaks Holidays to shoppers in a hurry to finish up their gift lists before Christmas day.
Christmas is just a few days away. We originally planned to have our family Christmas gathering at our house, but my getting really sick was inopportune, so it’s now been moved to my daughter’s house instead. I am just not up to all that I needed to do to get things ready. I’m not even sure I’m up to making a cake today, we’ll see. I’m sure we’ll all enjoy our time, it’s not the where, it’s the who.
‘WEEKLY TOP SHOT’ #62
It’s time for you to enter your photos in ‘Weekly Top Shot – #62.’ ‘Weekly Top Shot’ is open to everyone and is not themed. Pick one of your posts that pleases you most and share it with us! The linky will open every Saturday morning around 09:00 Pacific Time and will close the following Friday evening at 23:59.
- Consider following me, ‘The View From Right Here‘, in most cases I’ll follow you back.
- Consider subscribing to posts from ‘The View From Right Here’ via RSS, via eMail), in most cases I’ll subscribe back.
- One family friendly post per week please.
- Submit the url of your ‘Weekly Top Shot,’ blog post, not your main blog url, using the LinkyTools prompt below.
- Google+ users – submit the url of your posted photo on G+.
- Include the ‘Weekly Top Shot’ badge (or a text link) in your blog post.
- Visit some of other entries, meet some new people and leave encouraging comments.
Thank you for visiting and sharing!
31 Responses to A Partridge in a Pear Tree – Weekly Top Shot #62
Amusements Animals Art Autumn Barns Beach Boats British Columbia Businesses Cafes Charity Christian Faith Christmas Churches Coffee Shops Commercial Shipping Convenience Stores Crops Deadliest Catch Department Store Eastern Washington Family Farms and Farming Fashion Fishing Boat Flowers Food Gardens Grocery Store Halloween Holidays Humorous Idaho Independence Day Labor Day Memorial Day Montana Motels Mountains Nature Neon New Year's Night/Low Light Photography Olympic Peninsula Oregon Pacific Ocean Palouse Pastimes and Hobbies People Pets Plants Puget Sound Restaurants Rivers Rurality Blog Hop School Seasons Seattle WA Sports Spring St. Patrick's Day States and Provinces Summer Sunrise Sunset Tacoma WA Taverns Thanksgiving Trees Uncategorized Valentine's Day Vehicle Veterans Day Washington Washington - Regions Washington Cities and Towns Waterfalls Weekly Top Shot Western Washington Winter Work