Every year, the day after Thanksgiving a stylized Christmas tree is placed atop the Space Needle. Here, peeping over the EMP (Experience Music Project) at the Seattle Center, the Space Needle with its glowing tree and the street lights all twinkle in the last minutes of the cobalt blue sky at day’s end. Shot with my 10-17mm Semi-Fish-Eye Pentax DA lens, the trees all look a bit skewed, but how else would one get such a wide view of the scene? Surprisingly I use this lens more often than I ever thought I would.
It’s been a busy week, cold and rainy. Family holiday plans mean I’ll have little time for photography this weekend, but I’m looking forward to spending time with those I haven’t had a chance to see in nearly a year and enjoying their company. What about you, what are you doing this weekend?
‘WEEKLY TOP SHOT’ #60
It’s time for you to enter your photos in ‘Weekly Top Shot – #60.’ ‘Weekly Top Shot’ is open to everyone and is not themed. Pick one of your posts that pleases you most and share it with us! The linky will open every Saturday morning around 09:00 Pacific Time and will close the following Friday evening at 23:59.
- Consider following me, ‘The View From Right Here‘, in most cases I’ll follow you back.
- Consider subscribing to posts from ‘The View From Right Here’ via RSS, via eMail), in most cases I’ll subscribe back.
- One family friendly post per week please.
- Submit the url of your ‘Weekly Top Shot,’ blog post, not your main blog url, using the LinkyTools prompt below.
- Google+ users – submit the url of your posted photo on G+.
- Include the ‘Weekly Top Shot’ badge (or a text link) in your blog post.
- Visit some of other entries, meet some new people and leave encouraging comments.
Thank you for visiting and sharing!