Garlic, most people either love it or hate it.
: : :
I don’t know about you,
but I’m in the ‘love’ camp for garlic.
It is pungent,
but adds so much depth to recipes.
: : :
Here earlier tonight,
at Seattle’s Pike Place Market,
at a market vendor’s stall in the main arcade,
a display of elephant garlic caught my eye,
the purple netting covering the heads popped against the green vegetables surrounding it.
: : :
My husband and I arrived
at the Market several hours prior to the semi-annual food
and drink celebration called ‘Arcade Lights.’
: : :
Prior to ‘Arcade Lights’ start,
we had a couple beers at the Maximilien,
a romantic French restaurant,
with a lovely outdoor patio overlooking Elliott Bay.
The early autumn fog hung peacefully over
the chilly blue salty waters beneath,
while the bright sun above
: : :
is ‘Random 5 Friday,’
over at my friend Nancy’s place, ‘A Rural Journal,’
where we link up a post with some facts about ourselves.
Here are my five:
(1) I’m a diehard Seahawks fan. We won our game last night on Thursday Night Football against the Arizona Cardinals, we are now at the top of our league and 6-1 on the season!
(2) The only thing I miss about not working (other than seeing my friends) is wearing my Seahawks Jersey on ‘Blue Fridays,’ and getting my numbers on the football pool.
(3) Lately there has been an up-tick in my image sales and licensing, that’s been nice.
(4) I get to see a vascular surgeon on November 12, thankfully. I’ll be able to get some questions answered about the four blood clots that still remain in my left leg since my cervical fusion surgery (3 vertebrae in my neck were fused).
(5) I’m trying to find some free windows with sills (none on Craigslist yet) to construct a cold frame for my garden.
: : :
‘WEEKLY TOP SHOT’ #105
Welcome to Weekly Top Shot, a weekly photo meme!
It’s your turn to share your top shot of the week.
The linky will open every Saturday morning around 09:00 Pacific Time.
Thank you for visiting and sharing!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Share this Post:
37 Responses to Got Garlic? – Weekly Top Shot #105
Amusements Animals Art Autumn Barns Beach Boats British Columbia Businesses Cafes Charity Christian Faith Christmas Churches Coffee Shops Commercial Shipping Convenience Stores Crops Deadliest Catch Department Store Eastern Washington Family Farms and Farming Fashion Fishing Boat Flowers Food Gardens Grocery Store Halloween Holidays Humorous Idaho Independence Day Labor Day Memorial Day Montana Motels Mountains Nature Neon New Year's Night/Low Light Photography Olympic Peninsula Oregon Pacific Ocean Palouse Pastimes and Hobbies People Plants Puget Sound Restaurants Rivers Rurality Blog Hop School Seasons Seattle WA Sports Spring St. Patrick's Day Summer Sunrise Sunset Tacoma WA Taverns Thanksgiving Trees Uncategorized Valentine's Day Veterans Day Washington Washington - Regions Washington Cities and Towns Waterfalls Weekly Top Shot Western Washington Winter Work